Satisfy Your Hunger
You’re about to learn four different secrets of the weight loss industry that most people don’t know.
Second, there are three chief ways of using diet to lose weight, restricting proportions, adopting a high protein, low-carbohydrate diet, or eating a high-carbohydrate, low fat diet
Third and most dismal little secret is that the first two programmes don’t usually work for healthy, sustained weight loss. While a portion controlled diet can lead to weight loss, it requires tremendous discipline to maintain it.
Fourth Secret, a high-carb or low fat diet can work, but only if you do it right. What I call the calorie density solution identifies an important reason why so many people who follow high-carbohydrate , low fat eating plans still can’t lose weight.
A NO HUNGER PLAN
A great number of weight loss programmes ask us to deny our hunger drive. It is a self defeating quest that, as many of us have experienced, eventually fails.
The key to permanent weight loss is finding a way to fill up your stomach, satisfy your hunger and still shed those excess kilos.
And that’s where the calorie density solution comes in.
Your stomach holds between one and two kilos of food. The feeling of fullness in the stomach is created largely by the volume of your food, rather than it’s kilojoule content.
By adding foods to each meal, you can increase volume while reducing kilojoule density. This runs counter to most peoples belief that weight loss programmes work by eliminating foods and also by cutting back on portions.
ADD VEGETABLES and FRUITS ; add strawberries, bananas or apples. Mix salsa with bean dip and scoop it up with carrot and celery sticks.
Most likely you’ll be hungry again 2 or 3 hours after a low kilo joule dense meal or snack. the solution is to eat another one.
As with any weight loss programme, however, consult your doctor first if you plan to loose more than seven kilos, have health problems or are taking medications.
TEN SLIMMING STRATEGIES
1. Make whole unprocessed grains, vegetables, beans and fruits the main stay of your food plan. Add small amounts of animal protein. lean meat or fish or poultry.
2. Until you’ve achieved your weight loss goal, steer clear of dry foods such as breads, crackers, pretzels, and other flour products.
3.Avoid foods that contain significant amounts of fat.
4. To loose weight, eat more, not less, fruits or vegetables
5. Eat your kilo joules don’t drink them. Fruit juices and alcoholic beverages contributes kilo joules without creating a sense of fullness.
6. Eat water instead of drinking it. Food such as beans, whole grains and whole wheat pasta absorb most of the water they’re cooked in and they’re rich in fiber.
Drinking enough water is necessary for good health but as dieting strategy simply drinking water won’t appease your hunger.
7. Sequence your food selections during meals. Eat the foods that have the lowest kilo joules density first. Salads with fat free dressings, steamed vegetables and broth based vegetables soups will fill you up and leave less room in your stomach for higher kilo joule dense foods.
8. Eat frequently. Three full meals a day, along with 2 or 3 low kilo joule dense snacks between meals will control hunger.
9. Avoid refined sugar, satisfy your sweet tooth with fruit.
10. BOOST YOUR METABOLISM! To boost metabolism and burn more kilo joules, walk three or four kilometers per day at a moderate pace over a 30 – 40 minute period.
BEST OF ALL, while helping you lose weight, the calorie density solution can also improve your energy and promote your health